2013 Hands & Voices
Theme: Outside Your Comfort Zone
June 20 – 22nd, 2013
A Conference for H&V Chapter Leaders, H&V GBYS Programs, Parents of Children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, and the Professionals Who Work with Us!
This year’s Topics include:
- Leadership skill development ‘beyond your own comfort zone’
- Hands & Voices Guide By Your Side Program Implementation
- H&V Chapter Management
- Educational Advocacy & Special Ed Law Topics
- Keeping the Passion Alive
- Supporting Parents of Gifted Children
- Impact on Spiritual Life on the Journey
- Making your Program Deaf Friendly
- Infant Mental Health
- Cutting Edge Topical Information
- And much more!!
The 2013 conference will be an excellent time to bring as many from your chapter as possible—extend an invitation to a favorite teacher, an important school administrator or parents who just want to know more about Hands & Voices. This event and this venue encourage the largest group we’ve had yet, so start fundraising now so as many as possible can attend from your state.
If you are not involved in specific activities for Hands & Voices, this is still a fantastic conference with up to date information, fascinating conversations, and exploration of content in a new and exciting way. Please join us!
Conference Registration Closed - See you next year.
Leadership Conference Thursday evening to Saturday
June 20-22, 2013 ........ $275
Most meals included in registration fee. HOUSING NOT INCLUDED
|| 6 to 9pm (light meal and mixer)
8:00 – 5:00 pm (includes continental breakfast, and lunch)
||8:00 – 12:30 pm (includes breakfast)
Pre-Session 1-5pm on Thursday, June 20, 2013 ....... $ 99.00
Select one of four Pre-Session topics
- Educational Advocacy – Outside Your Comfort Zone
- Leadership: Beyond the Bounds
- Fundraising and Development for your Chapter and/or GBYS Program
- GBYS GUIDES session (for those serving as GBYS guides) specific training for parent-to-parent connecting
*NEW THIS YEAR Thursday morning Special Meetings (9:00 – 12:00) at NO COST for chapter leaders and GBYS Program Coordinators who are highly encouraged to attend: (must register)
- GBYS Program Coordinators Meeting
- H&V Chapter Management Meeting (for Executive Directors, Presidents and/or designated leader)
SPACE IS LIMITED – REGISTER NOW!
Early Registration DEADLINE: May 25th, 2013
Final Registration deadline: June 15th, 2013
Accommodations and a vibrant downtown atmosphere will contribute to our time together while at the conference. The conference will take place in the heart of Madison, WI near lakes, the State Capital, and great business. Make your accomodations by contacting the hotel directly. (Use code 269402 for special group rates) Book your room online here.
The Madison Concourse Hotel & Governor’s Club
1 West Dayton Street
Madison WI 53703